Local Sports Results:
CHS: Last night the JV teams hosted the Woodruff Wolverines
- Girls: WHS 21 – CHS 20
- Boys: CHS 49 – WHS 17… In the second game at CHS last night, the JV boys led 36-1 at the half and never looked back as they posted a 49-17 win over the Wolverines… Coach Eddie Romines said afterward he was proud of the way everyone hustled on offense and defense and played unselfish “team” basketball… Kia Young led the red Devils with 9 points… Also scoring were: George Rice 8, Junior Johnston 7, Jatavis Moore 6, while Vee Thompson, Chris Wright, KoKo Richey and Robert Powell all had 4 points each… Harrison Fisher had 2 and Nate Martin 1 to round out the scoring… The team is now 4-3 overall and 1-1 in region play.
Middle School Basketball
Bell Street White at Gray Court-Owings:
- Girls: BSW 22 – GCO 10… The BSW girls scored 8 points in the first and fourth quarter in route to a 22-10 win over the GCO girls… GCO just could not get their offense going last night and BSW made shots when it counts…Alyssa Abercrombie led BSW with 10 points… Others scoring for BSW were: Amani Grant 6, Sydney Fisher 4 and Corey Nichols 2… GCO was led by Kiara Austin and Ruby Childs who had 4 points each… Ana Carcamos added 2 points for GCO.
- Boys: BSW 28 – GCO 17… In boys’ action, GCO led by 12-10 at the half in boys’ action but a trapping press employed by BSW in the 2nd half held GCO to just 5 points in that half as BSW took a 28-17 win over GCO… The 17 turnovers in the 2nd half by GCO doomed them as BSW’s offense awoke in the 2nd half… Shimeek Gaskins led BSW with 15 points… Others scoring for BSW were: Kris Holmes – 5, King Price 4, Sincere Hunt 3 and Dawson Green 1… For GCO, Joshua Greene had 12 points to lead the Tigers. Tay Anderson had 3 and Josh Campbell 1.
Sanders Middle School at Bell Street Red
- Girls: SMS 35 – BSR 26… In the first game of the evening at the old CHS gym, the SMS girls kept record perfect as they took a 35-26 win over BSR… Cali Heisey led SMS with 10 points… Alexus Espinosa, Jamesia Harrison and Jada Turner each added 6 points in the win… Destiny Fuller led BSR with 10 points… Mahogany Simpkins had 6 points, Jenevelyn Williams & Addie Stephens 3 each and Dianne martin contributed 2.
- Boys: SMS 44 – BSR 27… In the boys game, Sanders took a 44-27 win over BSR… The score was only 19-14 at the half with Sanders on top but in the second half, Sanders defense forced BSR into numerous turnovers which more often than not led to Sanders points… Justin Anderson led not only Sanders but all scorers with 14 points… Sanders had one other player in double-digits and that was
Hickory Tavern at Belton
- Girls: Belton 43 – HT 10… In the girls game at Belton, Belton took a 43-10 win over the Lady Panthers of HT… Tamra Haney and Raylyn Garner were high scorers for HT with 3 points each.
- Boys: Belton 50 – HT 27… Now the news was not much better in boys’ action as Belton took a 50-27 win over HT… HT’s leading scorer was Layton Mann with 12 points.Laurens Middle School at Honea Path
- Girls: HP 14 – LMS 7… Kenija Burnside was the leading scorer for the Lady Tigers with 3 points.
- Boys: LMS 37 – HP 28… LMS leading scorers were Ty Rice with 12 points and Trevor Madden with 9
Local Sports Schedule:
- Varsity basketball at Woodruff 6:00
- Varsity basketball at Woodmont 6:00
- C Team & JV basketball host Woodmont
- Middle School basketball host Wardlaw 4:00
- Varsity basketball host Wardlaw 6:00
- .WLBG: Tuesday night Jan. 21st Dr. Rhett Harris & Mike Hughes will bring you all the action from the LDHS main gym as the Raiders host the TL Hannah Yellow Jackets… They’ll go live just a few minutes before 6:00… Remember you can also hear the action on the internet at www.wlbg.com.
- WLBG: Our next middle school basketball broadcast will be Thur. Jan 16th as Gray Court-Owings travels to Laurens Middle School… Join Mike Hughes a couple of minutes before 5:00 for all the action and remember it will be streamed live at www.wlbg.com.
- WPCC: Sports Radio 1410 WPCC will bring you CHS basketball Friday Jan. 11th as the Red Devils play host to the Broome Centurions… Join Buddy, Jimmy & Jason a few minutes before 6:00 and remember you can catch the action a few minutes before 6:00 on the internet also at www.wpcconline.com.
FYI / Community Interest:
Laurens YMCA Middle School Baseball… The Laurens YMCA has started registration for Middle School baseball and the registration will end 1-31-14… It is open to youth in the 6th08th grade who will not be 15 years of age before may 1, 2014…. Click on the following link for more information: 2014 Laurens Y Middle School Baseball
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 864-981-3470.