Local Sports Results:
CHS: The Clinton JV basketball teams traveled to Broome last night to take on the Centurions
- Girls: CHS 26 – BHS 23… Sorry, no details on this game.
- Boys: BHS 50 – CHS 47… The Broome JV boys took a 50-47 win over the Clinton JV mainly due to a poor 3rd period by the Red Devils… Clinton trailed by only 6 at the half but scored only 8 points in the 3rd to go down 11… To their credit they outscored Broome in the final period to make the final score 50-47… Coach Eddie Romines said that poor free throw shooting was one problem for his team last night…. The Red Devils had 2 players scoring in double-digits… They were Vee Thompson with 12 and Kia Young with 10… Jatavis Moore had 9, Robert Powell 5, Chris Wright & Ta’Shymen Boyd 4 each and Nate Martin 3…. The team is now 5-4 overall and 1-2 in region play.
Middle School Basketball Results
Honea Path at Bell Street Red
- Girls: HP 30 – BSR 16… In the first game at the old CHS main gym, the HP girls took a 30-16 win over the BSR girls… Destiny Fuller led the BSR girls with 6 points… Sara Olivia Stevens and Mahogany Simpkins each had 3 points, Adaline Stephens 2 and Jenevelyn Williams 1.
- Boys: BSR 42 – HP 24… Sorry no scoring details available
Bell Street White at Hickory Tavern
- Girls: BSW 18 – HT 10… The BSW girls picked up their 8th win of the season as they defeated HT 18-10… Amani Grant led the Wildcats in scoring with 8 points… Alyssa Abercrombie also had 6 for BSW… Sorry no scoring details for HT.
- Boys: BSW 41 – HT 18… In the second game at HT, the BSW boys completed the sweep of HT by taking a 41-18 win over the Panthers to pick up their 9th win of the season… Sorry no scoring details for either team.
Belton at Sanders
- Girls: SMS 24 – Belton 13… The SMS girls made their record a perfect 9-0 as they took a 24-13 win over Belton… Alexus Espinoza and Jada Turner led SMS with 6 points each..
- Boys: SMS 25 – Belton 23… In boys’ action, SMS completed the sweep of Belton with a 25-23 win… Coach Reid of SMS said it was not a pretty win but a win is a win… Troy Dendy had 10 points to lead SMS.. Justin Anderson contributed 8 points for the victors.
Gray Court-Owings at Laurens Middle School
- Girls: LMS 22 – GCO 21 in OT… In the first game at LMS last night, the LMS girls’ team picked up an exciting 22-21 win over GCO in overtime… Brianna Blakeley hit a clutch free throw to with little time on the clock in the 4th period to tie the game at 19 all… In the over time, LMS Aysha Dorrah had the game winning bucket… Dorrah was also high scorer for LMS with 12 points… Jessica Barger was high scorer for GCO with 13 points..
- Boys: GCO 48 – LMS 36… In the boys’ game at, GCO turned the tables and took a 48-36 win but it was not an easy win… The game was close all night and LMS led 21-15 at the half but GCO led by one point (31-30) going into the final period of play… In that final period of play, GCO’s Josh Greene hit 10 of his 26 points on the night and proved to be the difference as GCO pulled away for the win… In addition to Greene’s 26 Tay Anderson had 8 for GCO… LMS was led in scoring by Ty Rice who had 11 points… Twon Roberson also had 8 for LMS… Coach Andrew Campbell of LMS said he was proud of the way his team competed and played hard all night.
Local Sports Schedule:
- Varsity basketball host Broome 6:00 Can be heard on Sports Radio 1410 WPCC
- Varsity basketball at Greenwood 6:00
- 9th grade boys and JV teams host Greenwood 5:15
- Varsity basketball host Newberry Academy 6:00
- Middle School basketball host Newberry 4:00
- .WLBG: Tuesday night Jan. 21st Dr. Rhett Harris & Mike Hughes will bring you all the action from the LDHS main gym as the Raiders host the TL Hannah Yellow Jackets… They’ll go live just a few minutes before 6:00… Remember you can also hear the action on the internet at www.wlbg.com.
- WPCC: Sports Radio 1410 WPCC will bring you CHS basketball tonight as the Red Devils play host to the Broome Centurions… Join Buddy, Jimmy & Jason a few minutes before 6:00 and remember you can catch the action a few minutes before 6:00 on the internet also at www.wpcconline.com.
FYI / Community Interest:
- Laurens YMCA Middle School Baseball… The Laurens YMCA has started registration for Middle School baseball and the registration will end 1-31-14… It is open to youth in the 6th08th grade who will not be 15 years of age before May 1, 2014…. Click on the following link for more information: 2014 Laurens Y Middle School Baseball
If you have any comments, suggestions, or want to reports scores, please contact me via email at: email@example.com or text me at 864-981-3470.