The Laurens County Sheriff’s Office yesterday arrested a Clinton area teen for damage he is accused of doing to cars owned by two other people early this summer. 17-year-old Ryan Zane Jackson of 3302 Apple Orchard Road, Clinton was charged with Two Counts of Malicious Injury. He is accused of damaging two vehicles at 3302 Apple Orchard Road on June 24th 2013, with damage noted at under $2,000 on each vehicle. He allegedly struck the vehicles with a bat. One vehicle had a rear tail light destroyed and a dent on the trunk. The other vehicle reportedly had outside mirrors and tail lights destroyed. Bonds on each of the two charges were set at $1,092. Ryan Jackson remained in the Johnson Detention Center this morning.
Clinton Public Safety yesterday morning charged a local resident with two alleged incidents of exposing himself in the Jacobs Highway area last fall. 40-year-old Steven Wesley Rhinehart of Apartment 7 at 1321 South Broad Street is charged with Two Counts of Indecent Exposure. In warrants, Clinton Detective Tyrone Goggins alleges that on November 13th the defendant exposed himself in Fred’s parking lot and that on October 31st he allegedly exposed himself at the CVS Pharmacy parking lot.
Bonds set at $5,000 on each charge, and Steven Wesley Rhinehart was transferred to the Johnson Detention Center, where he remained this morning.
The Laurens County Sheriff’s Office yesterday arrested a man from the Green Pond Community of the County on charges of Child Neglect due to drug use this summer. 34-year-old Travis Jacob Atwood of 2818 Deck Road, Gray Court was charged with Unlawful Neglect of a Child. A warrant alleges that on August 21st 2013 he did place at unreasonable risk of harm to a minor child who is one years of age by testing positive for methamphetamine and THC. The warrant notes that the defendant had custody and/or charge of the minor child and is the child’s parent. Mr. Atwood was released from the Johnson Detention Center yesterday on posting a $15,000 Surety bond.
Results from the 2013 Laurens County Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament were announced yesterday. The “Gross Winners” was the team from the Laurens County Development Corporation, which was made up of Jack Brown, Jon Coleman, John Culbreath and Marvin Moss. The “Net Winners” of this year’s tournament was the Firmin Ford team, consisting of Dan Wideman, Jim Firmin, Matthew Firmin and William Hill.
The “Closest to the Hole” awards went to Randy Odom and Jon Coleman. The Long Drive was won by Matthew Firmin.
The annual Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament was held Friday at Musgrove Mill Golf Course. Fifteen teams registered for the event. Income raised goes to ensure the Chamber’s continued success of the over 28 community support projects, small business initiatives, workforce development advancements, “Beautify Laurens County” and the “keep it local” efforts.
Someone was reportedly caught taking tools from a trailer yesterday on Highway 66 East of Renno Road. Sheriff’s Deputy Jimmy Johnston was dispatched at 1:24 yesterday afternoon, and met a Clinton man who said he arrived at his Grandmother’s residence to fix a tire on his work trailer, that he had left at her house. On arrival, he observed a man putting back assorted tools that he had taken from a tool box on the trailer. Another person who lives at the location had reportedly told the man to put the tools back, while the man reportedly said he was just borrowing them. Meanwhile, the trailer owner’s grandmother said that she had walked outside and noticed her garden hose was cut, and that gasoline was missing from her car. She said she had just purchased gas for the car the day before, and need sit to get around for the next week. Meanwhile, the subject, identified as a 30-year-old man, had departed the scene. The case was being turned over to Investigations for further review.
Laurens County Deputy Jamie Lee Edwards went to a residence on Chapman Road, Fountain Inn at 9:22 yesterday morning to conduct a welfare check because of a tip coming to DSS about marijuana and methamphetamine at the residence. Getting consent, the Deputy looked through the house and didn’t find anything except in a bedroom occupied by a 40-year-old man and a 36-year-old woman. He reported finding glass pipes apparently used for smoking marijuana as well as a small quantity of green leafy substance believed to be marijuana. The two were issued citations for Simple Possession of Marijuana and told to be at Gray Court Town Hall October 10th to answer to the charge.
Laurens County Deputy Sheriff Rakeisha Hill-Mobley was dispatched to a Waterloo area residence at 3:46 yesterday afternoon to investigate a Burglary. A 21-year-old woman who lives there said that she and another woman had left the residence on Enchanted Oaks around 2:15 yesterday afternoon and went to the Wal-Mart in Laurens. She said when they returned around 3:45 they discovered someone had broken into the house by removing a screen and climbing through her bedroom window. She said the intruder didn’t take anything from her, but the 33-year-old woman who lives there indicated that a TV valued at $700, a lap-top computer valued at approximately $500 and an X-box valued at $400 were missing from her bedroom. The intruder also reportedly ransacked the residence by opening dresser drawers and pulling out clothes and other items in both bedrooms. Furniture was damaged in both living areas by flipping over chairs and by writing a nasty phrase with the “F” word on the kitchen table. The two residents and others had reportedly already cleaned up some of the damage before the officer arrived. The case remained under investigation.
Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 7-3-13
- Allen Staton Makes Coastal Plains League All-Star Team… Former LDHS standout Allen Staton has made the Western Division All-Star Team for the Coastal Plains League… The rising junior at North Greenville University made the team as a designated hitter… Staton is playing this summer for the Capital Blowfish which play their home games at Capital Field in Columbia, SC… He is batting .341 in 24 games and has 31 hits (2 of which are homeruns) driving in 25 runs…The Coastal Plain League is a wooden bat league that is composed of 14 teams playing in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. The All-Star Game will be Monday July 8th at War Memorial Stadium in Hampton, Va.
- Braves 11 – Marlins 3… The Braves broke a 3-3 tie going into the bottom of the 6th inning with 4 runs in the bottom of the inning in route to an 11-3 win over the Miami Marlins… The Braves had a season high 16 hits in the game and believe it or not, none of them were homeruns… Seven of the Braves hits were for extra bases as they collected 5 doubles and 2 triples… Chris Johnson went 3-4 with two doubles and 2 RBIs to lead the Braves at the plate… Kris Medlin picked up the win for the Braves… The second game of the 3 game series is tonight at The Ted.
Greenville Drive: The Drive played a doubleheader in Lexington, Ky. yesterday with the first game being a make-up form the rained out game on Monday night.
- Legends 1 – Drive 0… In the make-up of Monday night’s game, the Legends scored a single run in the 1st inning and made it stand up as they took a 1-0 win over the Drive… The story in this game was simple, the Drive had NO hits and managed only 2 base runners in the game
- Legends 7 – Drive 1… In the regularly scheduled game, the Legends broke open a 2-1 ball game scoring 5 runs in the 5th inning and went on to take a 7-1 win over the Drive… The Drive managed only 5 hit in the game..
This & That:
- No-Hitter in MLB… Last night, Cincinnati’s Homer Bailey pitched a complete game no-hitter as the Reds defeated the Giants 3-0… He only walked 1 and struck out 9 in the game… A interesting note, he also pitched the last no-hitter in MLB last September…
- A-Rod Hitless in First Rehab… Yankee’s Alex Rodriguez went hitless in 2 plate appearances last night in Charleston as he started his 20 day rehab period…. He is coming off hip surgery back in January… He is scheduled to play at least 3 innings again tonight for the Riverdogs and then they will evaluate what his next move will be on Thursday.
And finally, its only 59 days until the start of high school football season on August 30th when Laurens will travel to BHP and Clinton will go to Gaffney. The night before PC will open their season at Wake Forest.
- Basketball and Cheerleading Camps … Clinton High School Coach Todd Frazier will be conducting a basketball camp at the Clinton YMCA for [Read more...]
We have enabled a feature that will now let you share your opinion on our posts. Just click on the story title and share your opinion at the bottom of the page. You must be registered in order to comment. It’s easy to register. Just click register on the right side of our site about half way down the page. We look forward to hearing your thoughts.