Local Sports Results:
- BB: Clinton 3 – Chester 1… The Red Devil baseball team traveled to Chester last night and came back home with a 3-1 win over the Cyclones… The game was tied 1-1 going to the top of the 5th inning when Peyton Spangler led off with a double.. Matt Craven reached base on a botched fielder’s choice and then both runners moved up on a Landon Allison sacrifice… After intentionally walking O’Kevius Conway. A fielder’s choice by Kendall Pitts got the two lead runners home… The Cyclones threatened in the 7th inning as they had a runner on 3rd and 1st with 1 out but a strikeout by relief pitcher Conway and Kendall Pitts gunning down a runner attempting to steal second put an end to the Cyclone rally…. Spangler led the Red Devils getting 2 of their 4 hits… Bradley Templeton picked up the win pitching all but the last 2 outs… Afterward Coach Lee Atkinson had the following comments, “ It was a great win for us tonight. Wright from Chester had some real good stuff, but we managed to put the ball in play enough to scratch enough runs to win. Bradley had another outstanding outing. Conway came in with 1 out in the 7th and recorded the save…. Click on the following for the game’s box score and more statistics: 14-4-8_BB_CHS-Chester_Stats_Box Click on the following for the scorecard: 14-4-8_BB_CHS-Chester_Scorecard Clinton is now 7-7 and 3-1 in region play.
- SB: Chester 10 – Clinton 1
- Golf: Clinton 156 – Newberry 246… Clinton defeated Newberry 156-246 shooting their best score this year. Hunter Nichols returned and shot a 1 under par 35. Harrison Fisher shot a 2 over par 38, Michael Mann shot a 5 over 41 and Zach Davis shot a 6 over 42 to round out the scoring for the Red Devils. Clinton moves to 5-1 on the year and will travel to Newberry on the 10th.
- SB: LDHS 11 – Hillcrest 1… The Laurens Raider softball team hosted the Lady Rams of Hillcrest last night and the Raiders pulled off a first in the programs history as they defeated Hillcrest 11-1 in 5 innings… the game was tied 1-1 going into the bottom of the 3rd inning when Laurens erupted for 8 runs after 2 were out… Elizabeth Carman put the nail in the coffin with a 2-run homer in the 4th inning and then Allison Foreback picked up the complete game win as she and the defense kept Hillcrest off the board in the 5th… After the game Coach Butch Clark said he was very pleased with the teams hitting as they pounded out 13 hits and Foreback’s pitching as she allowed only 3 hits and kept her focus until the last out… Jordan Henderson led the team on offense going 3-3… Four other Raiders had multiple hits on the night and you can see the box score and stats by clicking on the following: 14-4-8_SB_LDHS-Hillcrest_Stats Click on the following for the game scorecard:14-4-8_SB_LDHS-Hillcrest_Scorecard The team is now 15-4 on the season and 7-0 in region play and will travel to Greenwood tomorrow for a JV-varsity doubleheader.
- JV SB: Hillcrest 3 – LDHS 2
- Tennis: Westside 6 – LDHS 1…. The Raiders boys tennis team was in action yesterday as they hosted the Rams of Westside at the Laurens City Park… Garrett Madden was the Rider to pick up a win as Westside took a 6-1 win… For more match details and comments from Coach Corley, click on the following: 4-8-14_Westside
Local Sports Schedule: [Read more...]