An argument over money led to one woman’s arrest yesterday. Laurens County Deputy Sheriff Devin Hodges was dispatched to Bellview Church Road at 2:31 pm and met with a woman who indicated that a family member had come to her house upset over some money she alleged the complainant had taken from her. The resident said when she denied taking the money, the other woman knocked out a window to her residence with her hand. Deputy Hodges located the subject at her residence nearby and noted she had a cut to her hand. 50-year-old Kathy Delois Rogers of 1513 Bellview Church Road, Laurens was charged with Malicious Injury to Personal Property. A warrant accuses her of breaking the window out of the victim’s house with her hand. Kathy Rogers was being held overnight in the Johnson Detention Center, pending arraignment on the charge.
Real Radio 860 WLBG Sports Report: 8-28-13
Welcome this is your Real Radio 860 WLBG sports for Wednesday and it’s brought to you by Carolina Floor Covering – located in Laurens on Fleming Street in the old Garlington Street School… They’re not just a carpet store…….If it goes on a floor they have it available and at great prices… If you’re a do it yourself kinda guy…….great….you can get everything you need INCLUDING free advice at Carolina Floor Covering… Call 984-7335 for all your floor covering needs.
- Braves 2 – Indians 0… The Braves returned home last night and started a series with the Cleveland Indians on a positive note as they took a 2-0 win over the Tribe… Atlanta scored the only 2 runs of the game in the 2nd inning when Elliot Johnson tripled driving in both runs… Alex Wood picked up the win and Craig Kimbrel notched his 42nd save of the season.
- Charleston 8 – Greenville 1… The Greenville Drive continue to have problems as last night at Fluor Field the Charleston RiverDogs took an 8-1 win… The Dogs scored 5 runs in the top of the 1st and the Drive just could not dig themselves out of that hole… The Drive will finish the series with RiverDogs tonight in what will be their last home game of the season.
- Kurt Busch to join S-H racing Team… Kurt Busch will be joining the Stewart-Hass racing Team for the 2014 season… The 2004 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion will join owner / driver Tony Stewart, Danica Patrick and Kevin Harvick on the 4-car team.
Local Sports Schedule:
- JV FB at Chapin 5:30
- JV/V Volleyball host Greenwood (Scrimmage) 5:30
- WPCC: Be sure to join Buddy, Jimmy, Jason and BJ at 6:45 Friday as they get you ready for all the action from Gaffney as the Red Devils will be taking on the Indians… Also, don’t forget to join them Saturday morning at 8:00 for the Saturday Morning Rewind Show live from Whitefords of Clinton… They will review all the local high school action from the night before and have one the CHS Red Devil coaches on hand to discuss Friday night’s game… They will also talk about college action on Saturday… Then stay tuned at 9:00 am for an encore presentation of the Clinton at Gaffney game.
- WLBG: Be sure to tune into the Friday Night Insider Show with Mike Hughes as your host at 5:30… he will have interviews with the coaches from Laurens Academy, Ware Shoals High and Clinton High about their game Friday night… He will also have the one and only Elmo P. Arbagogle and his ”predications” of local high school and college contest… Then at 6:05 we will join Stan Olenek for his high school pregame show… we will then go live to the stadium at BHP for all the action as the Raiders take on the Bears… Doug Holiday will do the play-by-play and King Dixon will join him for color commentary while Mike reports from the side lines… Be sure to take your FM radio and pick us up on the in-stadium transmitter at 95.7… By the way, Laurens will have a fan bus going to BHP on Friday night… The cost will be $6.00 and the bus will leave the school at 6:00 pm… This does NOT include the cost of the ticket once you get to the game… Call 682-9117 to make your reservations.
This & That:
- Laurens County Touchdown Club… The Laurens County Touchdown Club will meet for the first time on Friday August 30th at noon at the Lakeside Country Club… The [Read more...]